The Braves are world champions. Hooray.
Now comes the hard part, where we all wait for a month to see if baseball is going to have some kind of work stoppage. It’s beginning to get a little old, reading all of the doom and gloom pieces about how this could be the worst thing in the world for baseball - and it would be! But I personally highly doubt that a work stoppage is coming. While both sides are going to dig in on what they believe to be a fair deal, I also don’t think either side wants a work stoppage. All those stories about baseball losing popularity I think are a bit overblown, but neither side wants to lose fans. So I see them hammering out an agreement in the 23rd hour, maybe even a few days after that.
Trust me. After all, who predicted Braves in six?
On to the links.
- You have some questions about the team this offseason, so here are some answers to those questions.
- We may have used this before (there is so little Phillies content right now), but is Hector Neris’ career in Philadelphia over?
- The impending name change in Cleveland took a big step when the script for “Indians” was taken down from the ballpark.
- The Mets and their former general manager have parted ways.
- Some myths about baseball and how they are dispelled ($).