- Odubel Herrera – $11.6MM - no
- Travis Jankowski – $900K - no
- Zach Eflin – $6.0MM - yes
- Andrew Knapp – $1.2MM - no
- Jose Alvarado – $1.9MM - yes
- Rhys Hoskins – $7.6MM - yes
- Ronald Torreyes – $1.6MM - no
- Seranthony Dominguez – $800K - yes
- Roman Quinn – $700K - yes
- Andrew McCutchen - $15 million team option ($3 million buyout) - no
- Odubel Herrera - $11.5 million team option ($2.5 million buyout; can be offered arbitration) - no
- Steven Matz – 1 yr/$5m - A #5/bullpen guy who should give a 4-ish ERA. I fully expect one of Suarez, Eflin or Gibson to be injured or struggle at some point next year.
- Hector Neris – 2 yrs/$11.5m - He can still be a very effective 8th inning guy. If his price is more than this, I move on and target a Kendall Graveman type.
- Corey Knebel – 3 yrs/$21m - Meet your new Phillies closer. Please be better than the last...however many it's been since someone effective.
- Josh Harrison – 1 yr/$1.5m - A bench bat that can play infield & corner outfield positions. He doesn't have Brad Miller's power bat, but he doesn't cost Brad Miller money.
- Scott Alexander – 1 yrs/$1m - Lefty reliever just cut loose by LAD. If healthy, he's very one of the best at inducing soft contact. Injuries have been a concern in his career, but I'm still taking the risk.
- Phillies acquire Ketel Marte from ARI for Andrew Painter (#3 prospect), Jhailyn Ortiz (#10 prospect) and Kyle Dohy (#27 prospect) - Marte is going to be my new CF and leadoff hitter. The price might be high, but for what he offers with the bat and with 2 option years on his contract, it's well worth it. The DBacks are going nowhere, so I think they'd be apt to trading him.
|RP:||Scott Alexander||1,000,000||1 yr/$1m|
|Other 40 man (minors)||2,250,000|
Note: Bryson Stott is on the "bench" but I'm starting him 3-4 games a week.
I think this is a team that contends for the division. Defense is still...not great. But I'm hoping that the offense and pitching makes up for it. My big addition (Marte) doesn't have good defensive metrics in CF. I don't think Gregorius or Segura can be moved while making the team better. I'm just hoping Gregorius has a bounce back year offensively and that there's a DH so that I can move him to 2B, 3B or DH and start Stott regularly.