It’s incredible that there is just nothing going on in MLB. Of course, the lockout has everything to do with it, but we aren’t even getting sniffs of news. You could say that isn’t a bad thing considering that the three other major sports are dealing with awful Covid outbreaks right now, enough to postpone games left and right, but the most we have to get excited about is a managerial hire.
Oh well, get back to the tables, guys.
On to the links.
- If you on WAR predictions, the Phillies have one of the top rotations in baseball. Just don’t ask about depth.
- Taking a look at the Phillies’ candidates for the Hall of Fame, Jay Jaffe breaks down the cases for Bobby Abreu and Jimmy Rollins.
- The Mets made the biggest news of the weekend, settling on Buck Showalter to be their next manager.
- So, apparently the player’s association and the owners met this past week, but the core issues weren’t discussed.
- It’s possible that the Marlins aren’t done adding to their outfield, discussing the addition of Michael Conforto.
- The Oakland A’s got an important step done in their search for a new ballpark in Oakland.