It is hard to believe, but yes, spring training is just about here. Why, only tomorrow it will be before pitchers and catchers have their first workouts under the health and safety protocols that will again dominate the season. We can be sure that there will be issues this year with the game, whether it be the newly deadened ball or the likelihood that the coronavirus plays havoc on the schedule, but at least we’ll soon see reports of popping mitts and cracking bats.
On to the links.
- A lot has been said about the Phillies bullpen, so here is is a possibility of how it will shake out once the season has started.
- If you’re like me, the 2020 season stats don’t mean a whole lot unless it was players doing the same thing they’ve always done. All of ups and downs also probably don’t mean a lot if you’re the Phillies either.
- Zach Eflin is going to play a major part of the 2021 pitching staff. The Phillies think they have a big starter. This is the story of how he made the team think this way.
- Justin Turner finally makes the right decision when it comes to the well-being of his teammates!
- James Paxton is heading back to Seattle, where hopefully the local eagle population has discussed how they plan to leave him alone.
- Looks like the Giants are pretty much set when it comes to their rotation.
- The Cardinals lost their arbitration case against Jack Flaherty (which led to some interesting Twitter comments), while the Braves lost their case against Mike Soroka.