After so many long, torturous months, spring training has finally arrived.
The Phillies will see their pitchers and catchers report to Clearwater today, meaning that full squad workouts will follow soon afterwards. Then we’ll get to see an endless march of games against the same five teams all spring long. It’s a small price to pay, of course, having to watch the same teams as part of MLB’s attempt to control the exposure of the players to gatherings that are deemed too large. But it will have to do for now.
On to the links.
- In dire need of some outfield depth, the team added Travis Jankowski on a minor league deal. This should pretty much signal the end of Odubel Herrera’s chances of playing with the big team.
- In a loaded division, the Phillies aren’t going to be expected to do a whole lot.
- Over the years, we can safely determine that the draft hasn’t produced a whole lot of good things. Instead, let’s look at the top five local draft picks made by the team.
- Here are some of the top story lines that the team has heading into spring training.
- The Yankees have brought back some help for the bullpen.
- The offseason is officially over and that means it’s time to anoint some winners and losers of said offseason.
- Remember what spring training used to be like? This is how it will likely be now.
- The Twins have added to their rotation, getting Matt Shoemaker on a one-year deal that will make them the odds on favorite for the AL Central.
- Here’s an interesting read on how the Royals got Andrew Benintendi.