Yesterday, teams across the league sent out their lists of players to be included in major league spring training and that led to some confusion about said lists.
There are two different spring trainings happening. One is the major league one we are used to seeing each year and the other is a mini-camp. Those players can work out at the same time as the big leaguers, but on a separate field due to health protocols. So while we’ll get to see players like Johan Rojas against some of the bigger arms, it’s doubtful he’ll get much time against the more advanced players.
Hope that clears it all up.
On to the links.
- Here is a list of all the players that are headed to spring training ahead of the minor league one that opens in April.
- An interesting late signing by the team, Jeff Mathis is someone who is the perfect candidate for the taxi squad.
- Who doesn’t love power rankings? Here is a set from Sports Illustrated.
- There are still some pretty prominent names still to sign with a team for 2021 and now they’re in danger of missing spring training time.
- Here are storylines to watch for for each of the 30 teams as spring training kicks off.