Listen, yesterday was clearly dominated in Philadelphia by the Eagles trade of Carson Wentz. That story will lead all of the major outlets today, tomorrow, over the weekend and likely into the following week. However, there was a little bit of news yesterday that brought a bit of a depressing beginning to the Phillies’ spring training.
Please: don’t be one of those seasons. That’s all I ask.
On to the links.
- Yes, J.T. Realmuto broke his thumb in a blocking drill. No, that won’t sink their season. But we just do not need injuries this year, especially to him.
- Of the six most unpredictable teams in the game, the Phillies are one of them.
- The Phillies’ player development system changed last year ($) and this year, we get to see the fruits of it with the minor league system playing.
- The Tatis extension continues to be the talk of the game. Now the Padres will have to back all their moves up with a playoff appearance.
- Want to know who has done the best with international free agents? Check this out, then check out our own schmenkman’s work on it.
- Speaking of the Tatis extension, he unfortunately won’t see all of the money thanks to a predatory lender named Michael Schwimer.
- Trevor Rosenthal surprisingly signed with A’s yesterday for one season.