So, according to some reports, the biggest issue for the player’s union is the expanded playoffs. The other issue is Rob Manfred’s increased power to cancel games whenever he sees fit, something that shouldn’t be in his power alone. When it comes to extreme cases, like say an entire team seemingly contracting COVID-19 and taking the field, sure, Manfred should cancel things. But that should be the extent of his power.
Personally, there is a contract in place and I’m of the opinion the owners should honor that contract, but who am I?
On to the links.
- Even though the team is bringing back the same cast of characters for the offense, the Phillies seem to think that things will be different.
- J.T. Realmuto met with the media yesterday to go over his hefty new contract and boy did the team luck out getting him back.
- One of the things he’s thought about for a while is how he can help improve the bullpen.
- Baseball Prospectus brought out their PECOTA projections and there are some good things to find with regards to the Phillies.
- It looks like there will be four players headed back to Colorado in the Nolan Arenado trade.
- Dustin Pedroia officially retired from baseball. He and Chase Utley will make interesting Hall of Fame cases, though only Utley should make it.
- Chipper Jones is coming back to Atlanta as a hitting instructor.
- The Orioles and Angels are currently working on a deal to send Alex Cobb to Los Angeles.