As this offseason has moved along, there has been a pretty clear focus for Dave Dombrowski and Sam Fuld: acquire as much pitching as possible.
In most seasons, this is not really something that seems out of the ordinary. After all, as we’ve seen in recent times, the Phillies can never really have enough pitching. However it does seem odd that the 40-man roster is starting to fill up with major league contracts for pitchers that might not have a spot to pitch in. After all, you can only have so many starting pitchers and still keep your best ones on regular work. How Joe Girardi manages this will be very interesting to watch as 2021 dawns.
On to the links.
- Chase Anderson becomes the latest member of the pitching staff, getting $4 million and a major league contract.
- Dave Dombrowski, in pretty short order, has re-made this team in his own image.
- There are options for the team’s back end of the rotation. Lots and lots of options.
- The once great King Felix has fallen a mighty long way, only managing a minor league contract from the Orioles.
- Is it possible that the federal government is about to get involved in the start of the season?
- In yet another shameful trade by major league baseball, the Rockies becomes just another chapter.
- “It’s the cirrrrrrrrrrcle of liiiiiiiiiiife....”