Lots of moves this weekend.
The final big fish fell after trying to do his own production of “The Decision”. It was such a hot mess that one of the bigger
jokes national writers got hoodwinked on calling the choice he made prior to the actual announcement.
On to the links.
- What is the Phillies’ biggest issue? What if I told you it’s not anything on the team?
- All of the free agent moves this weekend is a good news/bad news thing for the Phillies.
- There were a ton of moves happening this weekend as baseball tried to cling to the headlines before football took over. First, Trevor Bauer made the Dodgers a lot stronger by going there.
- Marcell Ozuna is headed back to Atlanta, agreeing to a four-year deal.
- Kolten Wong is going to Milwaukee, signing a two-year deal that also pushes Keston Hiura to first base.
- The Athletics and Rangers made a rare in-division trade where Elvis Andrus and a prospect are headed to Oakland and Khris Davis heads to Texas.
- The Mets found their centerfielder, signing Albert Almora to a major league deal.
- Marwin Gonzalez, once rumored as a Phillies target, seems to be seeing his market get a little more heated.
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. saw a potential suitor sign a centerfielder, but that doesn’t mean no one wants him.