Brad Miller is making an impression. He’s always been a good utility guy to have around, but it seems this spring, he’s shown that he will be invaluable. He homered yesterday on a ball that sounded great and left the bat in a hurry. It just feels like he’s always hit since he’s been around the Phillies.
Brad Miller’s 600 PA pace from his time with the Phillies in 2019:— Jonny Heller (@JonnyHeller) March 10, 2021
.263/.331/.610, .941 OPS, 55 HR, 102 R, 97 RBIs
Does this mean anything? No, but I found it interesting.
On to the links.
- Always fun when there seems to be a common theme running through the stories out of Clearwater. As of now, that theme looks to be Mickey Moniak.
- The team knows that Howard will be key to their season and Bryce Harper reiterated that point the other day.
- Andrew McCutchen being completely healthy this year is a big win for the Phillies.
- Andrew Knapp knows his place on this roster and is embracing it.
- Ah, rebuilds. Everyone loves them unless it is happening to their team. Out of all the rebuilding teams, these are how they stack up.
- The Texas Rangers will allow 100% capacity for Opening Day before scaling back the percentages as the season progresses. I’ll bet MLB is watching how they do very, very closely.
- A few years ago, a bunch of people went to scout school. This is the story of where they are now.
- The worst team ever? How about this story.