Folks, I think I’m about done with spring training.
It’s always fun when baseball in any form comes back, but at this point I’d rather just see the real thing. The other day, I went and bought myself tickets to some games coming to Philadelphia and....
...well that gets me started on another thing.
Someone in charge at the Phillies, I know you’re reading this. Might I make a suggestion to your ticket buying process? If I want to go to a game, just me and my wife, or me and my son, please make the games or sections searchable by pods of two. Right now, if you click on a game, you put in that you want two tickets, then have to scroll down until you can find a pod of two tickets available. Just make it a searchable option at the start. It’s not hard to scroll, I am aware, but I am lazy. So are many others. Just make it easier on us.
Please and thank you.
On to the links.
- Here’s one site’s preview of the 2021 season for the Phillies.
- Matt Moore, after four solid innings yesterday, is making his case to secure one of the two remaining spots in the rotation.
- Here’s another look at Moore, who is looking to make a professional move in his career that few have done.
- Let’s not worry too much about Brad Miller and his injury just yet.
- Odubel Herrera is making a really strong case this spring to be the starting center fielder.
- The spring clubhouse has gotten a little smaller as the first round of cuts has been announced with nary a surprise in there.
- MLB is making a conscious effort to connect with Black communities, so they are going to a new source for help.
- You know what’s never too early? Draft season! Here is a look at Kiley McDaniel’s big board for the 2021 draft.
- Old friend Maikel Franco is (probably) headed to Baltimore.
- Looks like Sonny Gray will open the season in the IL for the Reds.
- Stephen Strasburg left his start early Sunday, but it doesn’t look like it’ll be anything serious.