Think about that for a second. Say you’re a third baseman. You have to stand somewhere in the vicinity of 100-120 feet away from him and he’s hitting rockets that leave the bat that hard. I’m not even sure that was humanly possibly even 25 years ago with the consistency that Stanton does it.
It’s not important, but I still just marvel at it.
On to the links.
- There are a lot of questions concerning Matt Moore this year. He’s already answered one of them.
- The defense of the Phillies has been talked about a lot.
- This story about how the Phillies came to acquire Zach Eflin is really quite interesting.
- Rightfully so, the team’s bullpen has been the talk of the camp this spring.
- How is the ol’ center field job shaping up? That and more from Matt Gelb ($).
- The Cubs are concerned about Craig Kimbrel right now, who is bad again.
- There are a lot of things that we have learned from spring training, but here are six of the bigger stories going right now.
- How to build a major league bullpen, which is really, really hard.