There has been a lot of talk lately about Pennsylvania and allowing fans in the stands. The sports teams that populate the state are surely keeping a close eye on every development that comes out of the capital, but here in Philadelphia, we just want to know if we can go to Phillies games again. Yesterday, there was some good news when the state gave an “ok” to at least 8,000 people in the stadium, which would include workers and staff for the team in addition to the players. What that means as far as an exact number is to be determined, but it seems like that number of people that can come into the stadium keeps going up.
On to the links.
- It looks like anyone who still wistfully dreamed of the team signing Jackie Bradley, Jr. to settle the centerfielder’s job will be out of luck as it looks like the team is done spending.
- Some news and notes from Jim Salisbury as we learn of a new title for the now demoted Matt Klentak.
- Adam Haseley has put on some of the good weight this winter and it showed ($).
- Hey, video can be used in the dugout again! Doesn’t say anything about trash cans and buzzers though.
- A rite of spring: non-roster invitees making noise, “best shape of my life” stories and Angel Hernandez missing obvious strikes.
- Turns out the Mets are quite alright missing out on the Trevor Bauer sweepstakes, thank you very much.