The spring schedule is finally complete, the Phillies closing out the Grapefruit League with a 13-7 loss to the Blue Jays yesterday. It’s not as bad as it seems as many arms that gave up the runs at the end probably won’t see much time in Philadelphia. Several of the bats are heating up at the right moment, continuing a pattern from last year of a pretty devastating offensive machine hitting the ball all over the place.
Now we can finally get ready for the curtain to rise on the 2021 season Thursday in Philadelphia.
Oh. The team also made some news yesterday. You may have heard about it.
On to the links.
- The team is going with the two headed monster of Adam Haseley and Roman Quinn to start the season in center field. It’s the right move.
- The Phillies have ruined Scott Kingery and they have no one to blame but themselves for doing so.
- Need your 2021 programming schedule? We’ve got it right here.
- Center field wasn’t the only spot settled yesterday. The rotation got its official order from Joe Girardi as well.
- Need something to excite you about the season? Here is Tim Kurkjian’s guide to each team’s most exciting player.
- We’ve heard quite a bit already about MLB and their desire to enforce tampering rules when it comes to the baseball.
- MLB is taking the approach with vaccinations that if a team gets it, they’ll relax some of the protocols in place.
- Felix Hernandez opted out of his Baltimore contract. Hope he likes Korea or Japan, because that’s his best bet at another job right now.