We’re getting closer and closer to Opening Day and the Phillies have started to roll out their regulars now. Didi Gregorius made his spring debut the other day, Rhys Hoskins is expected to make his debut shortly, followed by Bryce Harper.
What a gig, man.
I don’t begrudge them the ability to begin the spring training games a little later. I usually get really excited for the first few games since baseball is back and we get all happy. But after about 3-4 games of watching the backups play, I kind of lose interest. Probably the reason why these players don’t begin until later as well, so they don’t lose interest.
On to the links.
- Want to make sure that you can buy tickets for the home opener? Better sell an internal organ so that you can afford one.
- Andrew McCutchen is moving around a lot better this spring. He’ll be a key part of the lineup this season.
- Even if J.T. Realmuto is healthy all year long, the team is looking to make sure that Andrew Knapp has a bigger role with the team.
- Not usually a big fan of these kinds of posts, but it at least presents an interesting idea for both teams.
- Trade targets! Getcha trade targets here, folks! Step right up and see the targets!
- The universal DH and expanded playoffs in 2021? It isn’t happening, folks, which might be bad news for our favorite local nine.
- You, dear reader, are an educated fan. You must be since you read this fine website. You know all about service time gaming. Here is a little primer for those who might not and for them to understand why it is a big deal in 2021.
- Aaron Boone needed a pacemaker put into his body, so he’s going to be taking some time off. Get well, Aaron.