When the website goes down, it’s bad for everyone involved. Yesterday, TGP experienced an outage where commenting was not possible. Happened at the worst possible time as well since the Phillies decided to go on a spring rampage against the Yankees and chatting about it would have been fun. It also wouldn’t let us create new stories which is why there was no recap of the game, meaning we couldn’t share gifs, pictures, and videos of what went down.
These things happen from time to time. Usually if you see that there is an issue, we are already aware of it and have sent it to the higher ups to make sure it gets taken care of.
On to the links.
- Once again, Odubel Herrera met with the team to apologize, then went out and joined the hitting barrage.
- Mickey Moniak was the big story yesterday, hitting two home runs and firmly planting himself in the conversation about the center field position. Whether that conversation is a long or short one is another matter.
- Jose Alvarado is focused on getting his stuff back to where it once was.
- So far, here are five takeaways from spring training in Clear
- The biggest drinkers at a baseball game? Why it’s not the Phillies, I’ll never know (pssst: it’s the $10 beers, idiot)
- MLB is planning a Lou Gehrig Day this June with proceeds benefitting the ALS foundation.
- The Brewers signed Jackie Bradley, Jr. to a deal, putting them in the discussion for the best team in the NL Central.