A tough weekend for the Phillies as the Braves’ offense finally showed up. Now they’ll head to New York, lucking into missing Marcus Stroman thanks to some questionable managing yesterday, but they’ll still see deGrom.
On to the links.
- Wonderful story about the young man who had a rough time with a home run ball on Friday, then made the day of a young Freddie Freeman fan.
- Archie Bradley is headed to the IL with an oblique injury, meaning it’s Jojo Time in the Phillies’ bullpen.
- Joe Girardi saw first hand the kind of damage a stadium like the Vet could do to a player.
- Thinking of upgrading center field? Perhaps these guys might interest you.
- After another weekend of excitement, here are some of the storylines sticking out for MLB.
- Apparently, the Yankees and Rays are big mad at each other, the Rays more so because of where players were getting hit.
- Dave Roberts is a little bit concerned about Trevor Bauer and the possibility he’s being singled out by MLB.
- Dexter Fowler might be done for the season with a torn ACL, but he isn’t calling it a career just yet.
- ARod is buying the Minnesota Timberwolves.