Tough night for the Phils. Dropping both ends of the doubleheader was less than ideal, but they have a chance to bounce right back tonight against the Mets and take a game from the series. Hopefully the next day is rained out with Jacob deGrom on the bump.
On to the links.
- In case you were wondering what Gregg Murphy has been up to, you might have noticed he’s been on the radio a little more.
- Centerfield has continued to be an issue during this mini-slide by the Phillies, a problem they will probably have to address soon.
- Even during this average start, the pitching has been pretty good for the Phillies. Unfortunately there are causes for concern.
- Probably not the time to post this after a DH loss, but this could finally be the year for these Phillies.
- As MLB continues to deal with complaints about the moving of the All-Star game, their antitrust exemption is being “threatened” again.
- The Phillies beat the Braves on Sunday night because of a blown call amid the use of replay. Here on Wednesday morning, there are still people whining about it.
- The Braves received a double dose of injury news: Max Fried hurt his hamstring while Christian Pache has a groin issue.
- Yasiel Puig has issued a statement about his sexual assault lawsuit.