Bryce Harper is hot right now. That’s a fact.
The rest of the offense is really struggling.
Forget about the runners in scoring position issues they’re having. There have been some bad at bats going around. Some you could expect. For example, in the fourth inning of last night’s game, the Phillies had two men on with nobody out thanks to a walk from Alec Bohm and a double from Jean Segura. Up came Mickey Moniak and Nick Maton, who proceeded to strike out on nasty, nasty splitters from Giants starter Kevin Gausman.
It’s been like this for a bit now and it has to get fixed soon. The Braves are hurting up and down their lineup, and seem ripe for the picking right now. The Mets are playing well, but can be beaten. If the Phillies can start hitting, they can take some games now in the division and build a bit of a lead.
On to the links.
- There were a lot of players and coaches put into Covid protocol yesterday. Let’s hope it can be contained and the team can avoid an outbreak that would force postponements.
- The team has some issues in the pitching rotation right now. Here are some options that might be solutions to that problem.
- Dave Dombrowski spoke yesterday and did acknowledge that if the centerfield issues continue, a trade from outside the organization could happen.
- The Twins and A’s will resume their schedules tomorrow with a doubleheader after negative tests came back.
- Kyle Lewis is coming back for Seattle and that’s a good thing for baseball.
- The Braves are breathing a little easier knowing that Ronald Acuna, Jr. will only be day-to-day with an abdominal strain.