Off days in the baseball schedule are the worst, even if the team you follow is bad. Not that the Phillies are bad, but once the season starts, the rhythm of the game being played every day is tough to shake. When that rhythm is broken, things feel off. Luckily the Phillies begin a three game set in Colorado tonight.
On to the links.
- It’s hopeful that the first career home run by Mickey Moniak is a harbinger of good things to come.
- Now that their depth is being tested, the Phillies realized that it’s still not enough, signing Greg Garcia to a minor league deal.
- Hark! Are those three young players making contributions to this veteran-laden team?
- Comparing Nick Maton to Chase Utley is something that is dangerous to do, but a Phillies person did it anyway.
- Even with Kim Ng getting the GM job in Miami, there is still a long way to go for women in the game.
- Pitchers hitting is ugly, but with the velocity in the game the way it is now, it’s getting even uglier.
- Anytime Eno Sarris is talking about foreign substances on the baseball, you should read it ($).
- Luke Voit is on his way back for the Yankees.