I almost don’t even want to talk about it.
Bryce Harper stakes your team to a two run lead thanks to two solo shots, one of them traveling to St. Louis before the team got there and how does Chase Anderson thank him? Throwing maybe the worst pitch of all time TO THE OPPOSING PITCHER to let him single and tie the game at two. Forget about the grand slam to Trevor Story. That pitch to Jon Gray, a cutter that was batting practice speed, was the one that changed the game.
I just can’t talk about it anymore.
On to the links.
- It’s getting to be mock draft season, so here are two of the latest from MLB Pipeline. One has them taking a centerfielder, the other has them taking one of the better college pitchers available.
- The back of the rotation was exposed during this weekend series in Colorado, a problem they need to fix.
- Lots of injury related news, including a name we haven’t heard in a long time, a long time.
- Yesterday saw some injuries around the game. Hyun-Jin Ryu pulled a butt, Tommy Pham hurt his leg, and Mike Yastrzemski hurt his oblique.
- Christian Yelich didn’t have anything huge wrong with his back after an MRI, but he’ll still miss some time.
- The A’s just keep on winning while the Braves almost got no-hit for 14 innings yesterday, barely avoiding a double no-no.
- Were there some trade talks between the Yankees and Angels regarding Aaron Judge this winter? Mayyyyyyyyybe...
- How about the Astros pitcher that went 8 2⁄3 innings of relief on Saturday?