Last night was not exactly a paragon of good baseball to show your friends. Zach Eflin wasn’t on top of his game, but battled his way through 6+ innings, giving his team plenty of time to string together hits to score runs. Unfortunately, stringing together hits isn’t exactly something this team excels at. The offense struggled again, only managing three meager hits. It’s still early and there is still time for this offense to get hot again, so there is no need to panic, but there seems to be an identity with this team already, one they need to shake soon.
On to the links.
- Odubel Herrera spoke to reporters yesterday, discussing a bunch of different topics.
- Matt Gelb calls the Phillies exactly what they are after the moves to bring up Herrera and convert Spencer Howard back to a starter - desperate ($).
- The move to sit Andrew McCutchen the past two days was needed and something McCutchen was “respectful” of.
- Jose Alvarado used some old school training methods to make sure he stayed in shape while on the Covid list.
- The Yankees and Giants completed a trade yesterday. New York sent Mike Tauchman to the Bay in exchange for Wandy Peralta.
- MLB has discussed how much it would be for a team to join the league, setting expansion fees at about $2.2 billion.
- Hector Rondon has retired from the game.
- Doesn’t look like Mike Soroka will be re-joining the Braves any time soon, still having inflammation in his pitching shoulder after a recent MRI.