It wasn’t a fun series in Dunedin over the weekend. Even with the fight they showed in making the comeback on Sunday, the Phillies disappointed the fans and themselves by not taking advantage of the Mets getting swept by Tampa Bay. There was some frustration at the way the defense has performed creeping in both on the field and off of it, meaning the day off the team has today is sorely needed. It’s probably best for the team to take a day and take a breather before they head home against Miami and Boston.
On to the links.
- Part of the issues the team had yesterday was the “disagreements” between Joe Girardi and Jean Segura. What also didn’t help was Girardi’s postgame presser.
- Scott Kingery is stuck in a rut with his performance and his spot on the team ($).
- Didi Gregorius and his recurring elbow issues are starting to worry not only him, but also the team’s decision makers.
- The Mets also have some injury issues of their own, losing Michael Conforto and Jeff McNeil to injuries yesterday.
- Corey Seager broke his hand over the weekend, but he won’t require surgery for it, a bit of good news for the injury ravaged Dodgers.
- The Dodgers also signed Albert Pujols to a major league deal this weekend, giving him another run at a ring.