I think we all see what the key to the Phillies winning games is.
More fans running on the field.
Once the second fan came on the field, something deep inside the team seemed to awaken. Not sure what it was - the laughter, the annoyance, the stoppage - but something about those two fans running on the field seemed to get the bats rolling. You might think it has something to do with hitting being contagious, the team getting hot all once, whatever. I will go down thinking it was the fans that contributed to this game.
On to the links.
- Batters are getting hit by pitches a lot more and Joe Girardi is starting to worry about that.
- Poor Jojo Romero. Dude has to have Tommy John surgery. Too bad, he seems like a great guy.
- Ronald Torreyes was never more popular with a team than he was yesterday, providing some needed healthy depth and giving the team a boost with a huge hit in the eighth inning.
- Ho hum, another day, another no-hitter. This one was from Spencer Turnbull for Detroit against the Mariners.
- Is the new baseball bringing us back to the dead ball era? ESPN crunched some numbers to find out.
- Mike Trout is out for about two months and baseball is now worse off because of it.
- Cameron Maybin was traded to the Mets for cash considerations. Those considerations? $1.