It’s tough feeling like this, but these Phillies aren’t really all the much fun to watch. Sure we’ll watch them because that’s what you do with your baseball team, but I for one would like to enjoy watching my baseball team and this team is not enjoyable. Maybe it’s the strikeouts, maybe it’s the impending sense of doom one gets any time a batted ball is directed at the defense, maybe it’s the cavalcade of below average relievers that seems to waltz through the bullpen year after year, but it’s just a little depressing right now to watch this team play. It’ll get better of course when the offense is fully healthy, but for now, it’s bad.
On to the links.
- The defense is bad. Really, really bad.
- Let’s take a gander at all the highs and lows this team has as a middle ground team in the game ($).
- It’s plain and simple with this team: they just need to play better. Right now, they’re playing bad baseball.
- Ah yes, just what baseball needs now, more sign stealing allegations against a World Series participant.
- The Mets will be down two of their top offensive players for quite a while thanks to some hamstring issues.
- Joe West tied the record for most games umpired last night. Tonight, he’ll break that record.
- Who might be the biggest fish to catch during the trade deadline? Look no further than the Windy City.