What is there left to say about this team’s defense?
Outside of Odubel Herrera’s spectacular play to save a home run, this defense absolutely lost the game for the Phillies. Last year, it was the bullpen’s turn to be historically awful. Now, in 2021, it looks like the defense is doing a collective version of “Hold my beer...”
The ball hit to Brad Miller is a ball he has to throw better and make a double play.
The foul ball to Rhys Hoskins should be caught.
The groundball to Miller, though smashed, should at the least be knocked down.
These are basic defensive plays that because they are not being made are costing the team games. Anecdotally, it feels like this defense has cost the team at least 3-4 games already. Were they at least average, not a huge ask, this team would be in first place with ease. Instead. we’re stuck wondering how to fix it.
On to the links.
- Want to watch the Phillies on NBCSports Philadelphia? Not today, my friends.
- Trying to see if there is anything on the farm that could potentially help this team, Joe Girardi has started taking notice of this player.
- I don’t watch much television that isn’t streamed on the big streaming channels, but this? This I would watch.
- Alec Bohm - regression in the making or just really, really unlucky?
- Hoping to bolster their minor league depth chart, the Phillies make a minor league signing.
- MLB finally awoke from its slumber and got rid of derelict Mickey Callaway through the 2022 season, as if someone will hire him then.
- Those “Local Market” New Era hats were bad. So bad, in fact, that New Era used a weak statement about area codes to pull the entire line.
- Corey Kluber, just rounding into the form the Yankees were hoping he’d take, will now miss about two months.
- The injury bug continues to ravage the NL East, this time taking a bite out of the Braves and Marcell Ozuna.