Seems awfully odd that here we sit, a Friday without a game to watch this evening. Sure, you could watch a different game somewhere else, but we’re here to watch the Phillies. Without them, might we have to actually interact with family? With friends? Yikes.
They’ll move to their next series in Florida, taking on Tampa Bay for a quick two game series that will prove to be a difficult test for the team considering their depth and defense issues. Luckily for them, the Rays seem to put the ball in play less than they do.
On to the links.
- We’ve entered the brave new world of the Phillies, and baseball in general, being super secretive about decisions made on the field.
- In yesterday’s win against Miami, the defense played surprisingly well, from Rhys Hoskins’ play to cut down a runner at third to Rafael Marchan’s nabbing Miguel Rojas at first.
- Let’s check in on some of the Phillies’ top prospects, including Cornelius Randolph, who continues rolling on.
- Mike Shildt is not happy about his pitcher losing his hat in Wednesday’s game. Not happy at all.
- Aaron Hicks will miss the rest of the season for the Yankees, a blow to their roster depth.
- This one has the potential to get spicy. The Rays’ minority owners are suing the principal owner for reasons that are best explained by reading the entire article.