One run games are no fun. They’re nerve wracking to the highest degree that a baseball can be. Perhaps the Phillies should consider playing games that are not one run games. It would really help the people around the team.
On to the links.
- Needing a little depth in the minor league infield, the team signed Ruben Tejada to a minor league deal.
- The NL East hasn’t exactly been the pinnacle of clean baseball so far. What has happened to the five teams that were supposed to be baseball’s best division?
- Down on the farm, Cody Asche hopes to have a hand in combating the strikeout problem that is plaguing all hitters.
- John Means dominated the day’s news with his gem of a no-hitter. Dominant really is the only word to describe it.
- Did you see Angel Hernandez’s latest gaffe? If not, you’ll love the explanation even more.
- George Springer had to go back in the injured list with a right quad strain. Kind of a shame his debut season in Toronto has gone this way.
- Speaking of Toronto, they’re headed back north, but not quite out of the United States just yet.