The world is cratering around the Phillies.
Nothing seems to be working right now. The hitting isn’t hitting, the defense isn’t fielding and outside of Zack Wheeler, the pitching isn’t getting outs. They need some of their injured players to get back healthy, but it doesn’t sound like that is imminent.
Joe Girardi said "I wouldn't plan on that" in regards to Harper being eligible to come off Wednesday, so there's that. It doesn't sound like Didi Gregorius is especially close either. https://t.co/YYM4A4If4Q— Tim Kelly (@TimKellySports) May 31, 2021
On to the links.
- You know, at first, I was kind of bothered by Girardi’s injury nondisclosure ideas, but not to this extent. Not to the “change the rules” extent.
- Roman Quinn will face a 9-12 month recovery time from his Achilles injury. He’s probably done as a Phillie.
- Alec Bohm is just a mess at the plate and in the field, but what else is there to do?
- Since Memorial Day is usually the time to really take stock of your team, this is how each team is looking.
- Theo Epstein is looking to change the game by “putting it into the player’s hands”.
- Marcell Ozuna has been released on $20,000 bond for allegedly trying to strangle his wife.
- Among those teams that are taking stock of their spot in the standings, here are some teams that should start sweating.
- Some people are just finding out the obvious: MLB.TV is the best $130 you can spend.
- The Mets are getting some badly needed reinforcements.