It’s a nickname that will stick if Luke Williams sticks around the majors. Zach Eflin called him that in his postgame news conference, referring to Williams to this due to his involvement with Team USA and their Olympic bid. If ever Williams was feeling bad about not being able to go to Tokyo and participate, this should end that feeling. Hitting a walkoff home run as your first home run in the majors has to be one of the more special feelings there is for a baseball player. Let the man enjoy it for the day.
On to the links.
- It has been a storybook week for Williams, going from that Olympic victory to walking off the team he’s on.
- The Phillies still believe Scott Kingery has a “ton of potential”, but they must see something that we do not.
- Zack Wheeler has always shown the potential. This is the year he’s finally living up to that potential.
- Unless the Phillies are in first place, they probably won’t do much at the trade deadline.
- There’s a theory that MLB manipulates the baseball based on the free agent class about to hit the market and Pete Alonso just said it out loud.
- Who is every team’s most indispensable player?
- Here are the top 25 players that are under 25 years old. I listened to the podcast and boy was it a good one.
- It’s looking like that Francisco Lindor trade the Mets pulled off will be the Lindor trade only as Carlos Carrasco still isn’t throwing off a mound yet.