Does having Jean Segura go down, along with Bryce Harper needing to miss a day with back issues, change the team’s trade deadline plans? Probably not. The one spot the team does have some depth in is in the infield. Luke Williams, Nick Maton and Brad Miller are available to grab some innings if need be.
Losing Harper might be an issue as there is no real obvious choice to replace him on the roster. Sure Miller can do it for a while, the same with Williams. But this team’s depth will get tested really fast right now. Segura was playing good baseball lately, meaning his bat will be missed. Harper looks like he’ll be fine, but boy does he need to be careful.
On to the links.
- By now, you know the Phillies had to put Jean Segura on the IL. A shame too, not only for the team and their depth, but also this pretty much ends any shot he had at the All-Star game.
- The team dipped their toes back into international waters, signing a big hitting prospect from Taiwan.
- The red jerseys were worn at the request of the players in case you were wondering.
- Jacob deGrom had to leave another start early, but he seems to think he’ll be fine after all the testing.
- Now that we know what the penalties will be, here are some leftover questions about the crackdown on foreign substances.
- If you’re wondering if the Phillies are the only team that struggles on the road, they aren’t. There are some teams that are struggling at a historical level.