We wrote yesterday about how the Phillies have outrighted Scott Kingery off of the 40-man roster, so you can imagine what most of the chatter around the Phillies will be centered around. It’s one they probably swallowed hard and made, but the fact is that no one in charge of the roster right now was the one that signed Kingery to the extension that is even keeping him on the roster in the first place. If he didn’t sign that extension, if he simply was allowed to develop at the proper rate in the first place, maybe we’re having a different conversation about him today. Instead, we just shake our heads and mutter about it finally happening.
On to the links.
- With the move, the team can finally admit it: the extension was a mistake that never should have happened.
- As soon as the limits on crowd sizes were lifted, the team was probably expecting big numbers. That didn’t happen.
- Mick Abel, the young prospect opening up eyes, has started to receive some lofty comparisons.
- Want to go to a Phillies game this series against the Braves? Just go get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and you can go for free!
- One of the weird things is that team’s announcers still call road games from home. What can change for them to go back on the road?
- Everybody has a trade chip or two on the roster. Here is a look at the best trade chips for each team (peep the Phillies’ option).
- Ever wondered why the Phillies and other teams around the game can’t be more like Tampa Bay? Here’s a theory why.