Two more Phillies have to go on the Covid list thanks to a positive test and contact tracing. Yet again the team was left to scramble to find enough able bodies to field a 26-man roster and it’s starting to get a little ridiculous. Will it impact deadline plans? Will management want to add to a roster that hasn’t shown enough regard for the players already in Philadelphia? It’s going to be interesting moving forward how this resolves itself. If only there were a simple way to prevent this issue...
On to the links.
- You’ve likely seen this already, but according to some sources, half of the roster will not get the vaccine.
- Suddenly, the need for another starter has gotten a little bigger with Zach Eflin going down to knee tendinitis.
- Will the Phillies have enough to land Craig Kimbrel, the apple of their trade deadline eye?
- Here are some bold predictions for the second half in baseball.
- Yesterday we gave you Fangraphs’ trade value series. Today, they continue with #31-40.
- Kris Bryant left yesterday’s game, but it wasn’t going to put us on a #hugwatch. He had a hamstring issue.