The game was postponed last night because of a Covid outbreak among Nationals’ players.
They have a doubleheader today that is threatened by Covid and weather.
What are the chances that the games are played today? I’d be more willing to bet the games are cancelled due to weather than to Covid as the Nationals can probably bring up enough players from the minors to cover them for a game. It’ll be interesting to see what they do with these games.
On to the links.
- The sheer number of players that were red flagged makes it doubtful that games get played.
- Rafael Marchan was removed from the Reading lineup last night, but an explanation was never given.
- The Yankees made the biggest news last night, reportedly getting Joey Gallo from the Rangers, along with a reliever, in exchange for six prospects.
- The Marlins traded Starling Marte to Oakland in exchange for Jesus Luzardo. Seems like a solid deal for Miami.
- The Brewers upgraded their infield depth by grabbing Eduardo Escobar from the Diamondbacks for some minor leaguers.
- The Astros added another low cost option to their bullpen, swinging a deal for Yimi Garcia from the Marlins.
- The Reds are trying their best to stay in the race for a division crown, adding Mychal Givens to their bullpen.