Today is the day that we’ve been waiting for - the day that the Phillies’ front office consummates a deal. They’ve seen how bad the rotation is; they need to make a move. The bullpen is being held together by scotch tape and a prayer; they need to make a move.
What’s frustrating is that they have waited a while, clearly waiting for the prices to come down, but with the Phillies, that waiting may have cost them a few wins. Let’s hope they can reel in some help today for the stretch drive.
On to the links.
- Here’s how the proposed deal for Tyler Anderson fell apart.
- Rafael Marchan was called up for yesterday’s doubleheader because Andrew Knapp went on the paternity list. Congratulations to the Knapp family.
- The White Sox fortified their bullpen yesterday, gaining the services of Ryan Tepera from the Cubs as the sell off began early.
- The sell off by the Cubs continued when Anthony Rizzo was sent to the Yankees for two minor league arms.
- Old friend Cesar Hernandez went to the White Sox as the hunt for a replacement for Nick Madrigal.
- Brad Hand is headed north to the Toronto as the Blue Jays continue their playoff spot chase.
- Terry Francona is stepping down for the rest of the 2021 season with various health issues.