I’m not sure how much offense my heart can take. After weeks of complaining that they don’t build onto their leads, the Phillies do it two nights in a row. They were needed last night as the bullpen decided to make some things interesting toward the end, but nonetheless, getting all the offense they had is a big thing. If they want to get back into this thing, they have to keep hitting like they have been the past two nights.
On to the links.
- A minor move as the team signed Tyler Heineman to a minor league deal to add some depth.
- Odubel Herrera didn’t play last night and won’t for a few days as he nurses some minor injuries as well as getting time off for a slump he has been in.
- Zack Wheeler is a “thumber”. I don’t know what that means either.
- These last two days may be helping the team swing back towards being a buyer at the deadline. Good thing because now is the time to decide what they will be.
- The Home Run Derby is starting to come into focus, with Pete Alonso and his bats going.
- Here’s another mock draft with the Phillies being chosen to take a Tommy John surgery recipient.
- The Brewers continue to build some depth by trading for Rowdy Tellez, formerly of the Blue Jays.