We knew this series would be tough for the Phillies. The Dodgers are a very good team that has established itself as the class of the National League until someone else knocks them off their perch. But this series has shown how good they really are. It was always going to be a letdown after beating a division rival at home and having the energy of alumni weekend behind them, but be it weather or just a better team, that energy is gone. We’ll see if they can grab one back today.
On to the links.
- J.T. Realmuto had to leave last night’s game and it looks like he’ll just be day-to-day for now, but the team is still holding its breath.
- Looks like the Phillies made a strong run at Byron Buxton at the deadline, but simply didn’t have enough to land him.
- The saga over the Phillie Phanatic continues.
- Former Phillies prospect Dylan Cozens continues to try and pursue his football career.
- The Field of Dreams game is tonight and boy are the players looking forward to it.
- Just when you thought how cool it would be for a Phillies player to share a tough to attain record, here comes Corbin Burnes.
- The Mets are getting some help in the outfield, signing Josh Reddick to a minor league contract.