Sometimes, baseball just doesn’t matter.
By now, you know all about Daniel Brito and the medical crises he is going through. If you aren’t aware, I’d suggest a) reading this piece by Matt Gelb that updates you on the latest information, b) avoiding the video that exists of that crisis taking place. It is truly a frightening thing to have happened to Brito, a Phillies prospect that has had such a successful season, talk was beginning to brew of his getting a callup to the majors soon.
He’s always been known to have a good glove, but his bat has come around this year (.295/.364/.473 line across two levels) in a way that it hasn’t prior to this year. He’s been excellent in Reading, one of the few bright spots on that team and earned a well deserved callup to Lehigh Valley. That’s what makes this frightening episode all the worse news for him as it appeared his star was finally rising. As of this writing, he’s under the care of doctors, so we can only hope to that he improves each minute, each hour. Baseball, for him, will have to take a backseat as his health is the most important thing and it’s important to remember that. While we’d all like to see him get back on the field as soon as possible, what’s more important is that he get healthy and able to resume a normal life. Should he make it back to baseball, we’ll celebrate that accomplishment greatly.
Get better, Daniel. We at The Good Phight are pulling hard for you.
On to the links.
- The team is set to reconfigure their rotation and it all begins today with Ranger Suarez headed back to the rotation ($).
- Kyle Gibson was excellent in his Phillies debut yesterday in the 15-4 victory.
- The Phillies are deadline losers? According to some, the answer is that they didn’t go far enough in getting better.
- The Mets, the division leader in the NL East, just cannot stop themselves from Metsing all over the place.
- The solution to baseball’s sticky substance issue might be found at the Olympics.
- Oh yeah, the trade deadline? It was pretty crazy. You’re clearly in need of winners and losers, so here are some editions that you might find interesting.
- Prior to trading him, the Rangers made an extension offer to Joey Gallo. The gap between the two was reportedly large.