Folks, it’s not hyperbole to say that today starts the most important stretch of the season for the Phillies. They have the Rays the next two games, followed by a four game series against the Diamondbacks, then a three game series against the Nationals. These are games that they must win, starting with at least a split against the Rays. It’ll be difficult as Tampa Bay is one of the best teams in baseball, but their ability to bring in relievers at will might be thwarted a bit since the pitcher will eventually have to hit. We could see enough double switches from them that Joe Girardi would practically glow with jealousy.
On to the links.
- For all the consternation the trade drew, Kyle Gibson has been quite good since he has arrived in Philadelphia.
- By demoting Alec Bohm, the Phillies are showing they learned their lesson from Scott Kingery.
- The Phillies don’t care about winning baseball games, you silly goose.
- The investigation into the Angels employee who allegedly sold drugs is taking some ugly turns.
- With the Orioles stuck in the middle of a long losing streak, the league needs anti-tanking measures now more than ever ($).
- Your baseball cards may not actually fall in value once Fanatics takes over.
- The Padres made a scapegoat out of Larry Rothschild, firing him with all the struggles they’ve had lately.