It’s only a matter of time before the Phillies get to the top of the division. The Mets simply do not want to take it, no matter what misfortune the Phillies receive. Their top pitcher may not return until mid-September, their big trade acquisition is still weeks away from returning and their owner didn’t want to spend during the trade deadline to improve the parts of the bullpen that needed improving. This weekend looks like a huge one for both teams.
On to the links.
- Andrew McCutchen is hurt and the Phillies will need options to make a run without him ($).
- Even though he was only able (allowed?) to go three innings, Ranger Suarez looked excellent in his return to the rotation.
- You know who’s excited to be back in a Phillies uniform? Freddy Galvis.
- You know who’s excited to not be in a Phillies uniform? Spencer Howard.
- Now that the Cubs are full on rebuilding, where do they go from here?
- How Kumar Rocker and the Mets couldn’t come to an agreement about compensation for his draft position, or: how the Mets screwed this one up.
- This is pretty cool. A couple just finished their goal of visiting all 30 major league stadiums while visiting Seattle.