This National League East, man.
Does anyone want to win it?
Thanks to two wins in Washington and two losses by the Mets, the Phillies suddenly find themselves 1 1⁄2 games back in the division. It’s definitely cause for excitement, but you’ll have to excuse us if we’re still a little pessimistic around here. If I recall correctly, the team looked great out of the All-Star break and looked like they were going to make a run only to fall straight on their face. We’re excited, no doubt, but we have been burned a little too much, especially with this team. Just when you think they might look ready to start winning games, they reel off a streak where they lose four of five. The schedule looks a little easier this second half, so maybe they do have a final charge in them. Who knows.
On to the links.
- In maybe the best news of the day, Daniel Brito is in stable condition with his girlfriend and mother by his side.
- Bailey Falter was supposed to enter the starting rotation. Then he got Covid. His season is just now getting re-started.
- Brandon Kintzler was a low risk minor league signings in spring training. He bombed out here and now has been released.
- Tough break for the Tampa Bay Rays as Tyler Glasnow has to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Yankees are having issues with Covid as Jordan Montgomery heads to the Covid-list, joining Gerrit Cole.
- Seems the Cubs, current and former, are having some issues with the breakup they just encountered.