Can you believe it’s September? Feels like just yesterday, we were headed to the All-Star break in July. Now, there is only a month left in the season.
Amazing how much we miss baseball in the winter, how the cold, dark months seem to drag forever and ever until we reach spring training, then boom: the season flies right by. Sure there have been times when it feels like games have taken forever, but as much as we want the season to end sometimes, give it a few days after the season is over. You’ll be begging for spring to begin again.
On to the links.
- Rafael Marchan is getting his chance to impress while J.T. Realmuto is banged up and Andrew Knapp remains on quarantine.
- Don’t look now, but the Phillies are right in the middle of the wild card race as well as the division race.
- Bryce Harper’s month of August has been something to behold. We should all be appreciating it in case we never see it again ($).
- The team needed Matt Vierling last night. One has to wonder what might have happened if they had started to lean on younger players all season instead of veterans ($).
- Trevor Bauer may not pitch again this season or ever again at all in MLB. This story attempts to answer some questions about his case.
- In a surprising move, Brad Hand has been designated for assignment by the Blue Jays.
- These are the players that stood out in the month of August.
- Looks like Ozzie Albies dodged a major bullet last night. After fouling a ball off of his knee, X-rays came back negative and he should be day-to-day.
- This guy has very quietly been really good this year and may even win the American League Cy Young award.