There isn’t much doubt about it anymore. If the Phillies want to make the playoffs (a huge IF at this point), they must go on a run. Sweeping the Cubs is a virtual must at this point, so the focus then shifts to New York. Going to the Mets stadium will require something the Phillies haven’t been able to do much of: win a series on the road.
It’s going to be hard, but they must do it. This week sees them having three against the Cubs and three against the Mets. In some order, they must win five of those six. Not doing that will probably put the official nail in the coffin.
On to the links.
- If you’re wondering if the Phillies are struggling in two strike counts - yes, yes they are.
- What must go right for the Phillies in their playoff push (outside of, you know, winning games)? All that and more in this article.
- Is it time to stop worrying about the division and instead focus solely on the wild card as the way to make the playoffs?
- Old friend Enyel de los Santos has moved on to Pittsburgh, which means he’ll dominate the Phillies next week.
- After a rough week, the Yankees are moving Gleyber Torres off of shortstop for now.
- Boy are the Tigers kicking themselves for not trading Matt Boyd when they should have. Looks like now he’ll need Tommy John surgery.
- Who is the most overlooked player on each club in MLB?
- The Dodgers are getting another weapon back for their team. Clayton Kershaw was activated from the IL to make last night’s start in Arizona.