So this is the week the Phillies need to take. Playing against the Orioles and Pirates is about as easy as one could ask for when looking at the schedule. Of course, that hasn’t mattered much of late, has it?
It is almost imperative that they take at least five games this week. They get three against the Orioles, then four against the Pirates. How they get those five games doesn’t really matter at all so long as next week, when we all wake up on Monday morning, the Phillies have to have gone 5-2. That should keep them close enough to Atlanta to make the subsequent series against them meaningful.
On to the links.
- Does Bryce Harper want to talk about the MVP debate? Absolutely not.
- The team’s top on-field instructor in the minor leagues has been removed, signaling more changes could be afoot.
- The ejection that sent Joe Girardi packing the other night really bothered him.
- Mookie Betts saw that a Reds player hit his first hit, which was a home run. He bargained with the fan who caught it to get the ball back for the player.
- Did you miss the Machado-Tatis scuffle over the weekend? It shows the problems the team is having this year ($).
- The Mets and Phillies minor leaguers were wearing wristbands in protest of the working conditions they have.
- The Rays’ top prospect will make his debut today. Shane Baz adds another arm to a deep stable in Tampa Bay.