There was an interesting question posited last night on the Twitter about the Phillies in 2022.
Let me ask a question, if the Phillies could trade Didi, and sign Kris Bryant, would you be ok with Galvis at SS next year?— Yoshke Zoidberg (@YoshkeZoidberg) September 21, 2021
It’s an interesting question, but it also seems pretty obvious what the answer should be. If the team can get Kris Bryant to come and play third (assuming he goes there and Alec Bohm goes to leftfield), the team would need a solid defensive shortstop. Galvis would be the easiest fit and also the cheapest. He’s played decently here in Philadelphia since getting traded back here and would likely be only a stopgap until Bryson Stott is ready. Seems like a solid idea all the way around, so let’s see what you think.
If Bryant is the 3B, Bohm is the LF and Didi has been traded, should Galvis be the SS?
This poll is closed
On to the links.
- Bryson Stott, the team’s minor league player of the year, might be an option for the Phillies at third base in 2022.
- Last year, people were talking about how the pandemic shortened season was going to be affecting 2021. Zack Wheeler ends up throwing 200 innings. How did it happen?
- It’s possible that this division race could come down to a wild photo finish.
- It’s always nice to see a good story of people being nice to each other, so here’s one for you.
- Gotta be honest: didn’t even know Tyler Phillips was in the system, but alas, he is no longer.
- Part of some of the experiments in the minor leagues had to do with the mound: height and distance. One of them didn’t really do too much.
- Much like the debate for the National League, there really is only one choice who should be the MVP.
- Salvador Perez became the catcher with the most home runs in a season yesterday when he hit his 46th of the season.
- Pssst...hey, prospect. Wanna go to the Arizona Fall League? You’re gonna need a vaccination, buddy.