It’s kind of rough that the team will have to remake their bullpen next season. Hector Neris is a free agent, possibly looking to cash in a little bit, several others are arbitration eligible and can have a case made to not tender them a contract. Of course, it would be foolhardy to get rid of everyone in the bullpen as there simply isn’t enough money to go out and buy 6-7 new relievers, no matter how badly they might need it.
It’s one of the more underrated stories of the coming offseason. Who will come back and relieve for the team?
On to the links.
- The Phillies’ minor leaguers wore wristbands in protest of working conditions. They were reportedly told that they might not want to in the future. Dave Dombrowski denies it.
- Another day, another article about how clear cut the NL MVP race actually is. He ain’t wrong.
- From Fangraphs, how Ranger Suarez has kept the Phillies in the playoff race.
- An interesting story about how the head chef of the team chooses the menu.
- Yup, the NL MVP debate rages on in the national media.
- Even still, the Giants are surprising the league every day. They have a real shot in the playoffs this season.
- The first all-woman broadcast on ESPN is coming soon.
- The Orioles, despite already losing 100 games, are bringing back manager Brandon Hyde next season.
- Speaking of managers, Cincinnati will keep theirs through the 2023 season, giving David Bell an extension.