Kind of an interesting way to show the fans that you appreciate them by not giving them any offense.
The week wasn’t a total loss since they did take five of seven from the Orioles and Pirates, but with the Braves also playing well during this stretch, it just means the Phillies are going to have to do this the hard way. They must win the series with Atlanta, but a sweep is the most preferable option since it would put them with a 1⁄2 game of the division headed into Miami. It would put a lot of pressure on the Braves too, since you know the Mets will want to play spoiler. Of course, Miami will relish that role as well.
Let’s just get that first game on Tuesday.
On to the links.
- Interesting that the Phillies chose to call up one of their top pitching prospects to start one of the more important games of the season.
- Here’s a look at how to deal for Kyle Gibson got done at the trading deadline.
- One of the longest tenured vendors at Citizens Bank Park was profiled yesterday for his 50th year of service.
- Speaking of tenures, looks like Archie Bradley’s tenure with the team is over.
- Honestly, thought that Connor Brogdon’s season was over, but it looks like he’ll be returning for this huge week.
- The Cubs plan to be active in free agency, which is interesting because they had no interest in keeping players of their own.
- A sad story in San Diego where a mother and her child fell to their death from on of the upper concourses.
- As we head into the final week of the 2021 regular season, here is one thing to watch for for each team.