Remember how we’ve been saying that this is the biggest series of the season for like two weeks?
Welcome to the official biggest series of the season.
The Phillies open tonight in Atlanta needing to win all three games. Two is a must, three is the preferred. It would alleviate a lot of pressure on the team if they swept the Braves and put all of the pressure back on Atlanta. Of course, the team is in one game at a time mode, so tonight’s game is super important. They will have their ace on the mound, so we should be feeling good.
On to the links.
- What would sweeping the Braves mean? Well, I think I can guess - it would mean they are on a roll.
- The home season ended with a whimper, but the real test begins soon.
- All the scenarios in the world, like these right here, can be boiled down to this: the Phillies really need to take both series this week.
- Mike Schmidt knows a thing or two about MVPs and he believes Bryce Harper is clearly the MVP this season.
- Adam Wainwright has been outstanding this season and though he intends to play in 2022, there have been some talks about the years beyond.
- Brandon Belt has a bad hand and needs further testing to see how bad it really is.
- As the likely American League MVP, Shohei Ohtani is naturally an extension candidate, but so far nothing has happened between him and the Angels.