Even though last night ended in disappointment, it was exciting to see an old fashioned pitcher’s duel between Zack Wheeler and Charlie Morton. Wheeler was good, but Morton was better. It’s likely that both of them could have gone longer than the seven innings they both did, but both managers were playing the game (rightly so) as a playoff game, meaning they couldn’t afford to see them get into trouble. Yes it was disappointing, but sometimes, you can just appreciate those types of games after they happen.
On to the links.
- Prior to last night’s game, the team recalled Alec Bohm, reinstated Conner Brogdon and released Matt Joyce.
- He may only be here as a bench player, but Bohm is still happy to be back in the big leagues.
- It’s possible that the team has identified its leading candidate for the vacant farm director’s position.
- The American League wild card race could get real, real crazy here in this last week.
- The Giants will indeed be without Brandon Belt for the bulk of their playoff run.
- If a team is going to rebuild, it’s best to strip it all the way down. That’s why it’s weird the Pirates didn’t trade Bryan Reynolds. Now we hear that teams made “big offers” for him.
- Here is MLB Pipeline’s team of the year.